Sunday, March 9, 2008

prayforPuella

hey look, a webpage.. guess I better update it.

The botox injection for my shoulder didn't happen.  It was postponed until this Tuesday.

I took a vision test for driving and it didn't go so well.  while my reading was okay, my field of vision is still diminished on the left side and my depth perception was off.  I've been playing driving games on the xbox and if it's any indication I'm not ready to get behind the wheel.
I have enjoyed a few showers.. my toes are all healed and the hot water feels fantastic.  
Our dog, Puella, had surgery this week and is recovering now.  She had a small lump removed... nothing life-threatening ... just something boxers her age are prone to.  It will be a week or so until she's back to normal.. for now she's kind of slow and pathetic.  I can sympathize with her and the pains of post-surgery recovery.  
Therapy continues slowly.  My walking is improving.. My cadence is picking up and I'm getting very close to using a cane.  My therapist wants me to take over therapy for my left arm.  I'm trying to find activities I can manage with an immobile left hand.. hitting light switches and opening doors.  We also have to keep my shoulder stretched which means letting dad inflict pain on me frequently.

Please add Puella to your prayers and hopefully she'll be back to her old playful-self soon. Thanks.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie-saaaan!
Ohisashiburi yan!
It feels good to read your blog and see how far you've come in such a short time.
Thanks for taking some time to chat on the phone, too. You're still the same old Jamie - but with a new inner strength. Good stuff.
jyaa, talk to you later...
Mike yori

Anonymous said...

Jamie -- Of course we will keep your lovely girl in our prayers. We know how important the furry members of the family member are -- Nala is now 13 (still grouchy) Spence 3 and Annie 2 -- All dog prayers will be going out at our house. Glad your progress is moving forward so well. You are in our prayers my friend -- you are amazing! Blessings to you and your family. Peace, Jane and Jack Kistler Halweg

bliss said...

aww, poor puella. prayers for both your recoveries.

Yodataco said...

Hey Jamie,

We'll definitely keep Puella in our prayers along with you and your family.

deeparks said...

Hi, Jamie! I just heard about your accident from Rahman and am so sorry you've had this terrible thing happen to you! I'll be keeping an eye on your blog so I can read about your recovery steps. My thoughts are with you,
Dee Parks

Anonymous said...

長い間連絡を取ってませんでした。
事故のことを聞いてびっくりしてとても悲しいです。
今すぐにでも会いに行きたいけど、今は少し遠くにいるので夏にでも行けたらと思います。
順調に回復することを心から願っています。
頑張れジェイミー!!!!

I hope you still remember me.
You are always my best friend.

親友より

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jamie-

I don't know if you remember me, but we went to middle school (and high school?) together. My name is Katie Brown, we were in band together with your dad and I played (still do!) the clarinet.

Anyway, I'm here at the University of Georgia finishing my masters work. Dr. (Skip) Taylor hired me for an Easter gig at his church and we got to talking about your father, and then he told me about your terrible accident! (He thought I already knew...I had NO idea!) I called my best friend Jessica Dixon from Charlotte and she found your blog.

I've been reading your posts. I'm relieved to see that you are recovering. You must be such a tough guy!

I just wanted to leave a note and let you know that I'm thinking about you. Also, I'm moving back to Charlotte in the fall and I would really love to hang out, catch-up, and hear all about Japan!

If you want to get in touch, my email is katieloubrown@yahoo.com

I look forward to more updates...keep it up!

Katie

Unknown said...

Whats going on man? Your old buddy Martin here. I'm glad to see that everything is going pretty good for you. I was so worried at first. I love the pics. I am working in Kannapolis now, so if you ever need someone to hang with, give me a ring: 919-218-9575. Take it easy and keep on staying strong and living well.

-Martin

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Broker, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-broker-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Jamie,

This is Shawn Gearheart. It pained me when I went to yahoo to search for you, only to find this blog. It is uplifting, however, that you find the energy to keep everyone posted on your recovery. I wish you all the best in this struggle.

I was hoping to contact you and catch up on things. It would seem from your posts that you have had a lot going on over the last several years. I see that you are engaged, congratulation! My email address is s_gearheart@yahoo.com or you can call me at (980) 721-6434. Drop me a line when you have time.

Shawn

Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie,

Its Dave Ward, from our good ole days at East Meck. I wish I'd have tried to communicate with you sooner after I found this (hurray google!). There's so much to say, but this is really not the best place to do so.

That being said, I hope your dog gets better. I have two cats, and I know how important animals can be to anyone.

Good luck and God speed! I'll keep on checking up on you here. I'd love to hear from you and try to make up for a decade of silence. Feel free to call me up at 704-516-1150, or email me at daveward9@hotmail.com.