Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A good day

I'm typing this post with a special one-handed keyboard so please  
forgive any typos...

Wow, August just flew by.... and guess what? I went the whole month  
without any trips to the hospital!  I hope this trend continues.

Meg and I have been making good progress... my walking speed is  
picking up gradually and I can get up steps consistently without the  
cane.. coming down steps is harder.. sometimes I can do it... and  
sometimes... I've had two minor falls in therapy... I think they  
scared Meg more than me... thankfully, I wasn't hurt and Meg was quick 
to order me back up and "get on the horse!"

I have been using the electrical-stimulation device at home for a  
couple weeks now.. my grip and elbow movements are improving nicely...  
finger extension remains elusive... hopes are high...

I reached another big milestone today... I went to work!  It was great  
to see everyone (and meet some new faces)  While looking at some code  
I realized my brain is in as good a shape as my arms and legs.. it's  
going to take a lot of work to get back into working condition... I'm  
really tired and will have to get in bed early tonight.  We're going  
to try working one day a week for a while which will hopefully  
rehablitate my unused neurons....

Tomoka comes in two weeks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Tomoka!

Jane said...

Jamie -- Walking, down steps, up steps,typing,WORKING, TOMOKA! All of these little and big miracles. You are the best miracle of all. I am so proud of you. You are the best! Can't wait for more updates! Blessings and love, Jane and Jack in New Bern waiting for a hurricane(!?!)

Anonymous said...

[url=http://sustiva-efavirenz.webs.com/]order Generic Sustiva 600 mg online
[/url] order Sustiva 200 mg
Generic Sustivac 500 mg
purchase Efavirenz 200 mg

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/ribavirin]order copegus online
[/url] rebetol 100 mg
copegus online
copegus buy