Friday, September 21, 2007

Working Hard

We're definitely in the "getting ready to go home" mode at Rehab. Thursday afternoon Jamie practiced car transfers - getting himself in and out of my Jetta three times. It's not easy, but doable. The first time in, Jamie said "Start the engine!" He is getting a pass to come home for a couple hours Sunday. This will give us a chance to make sure everything's accessible before he really comes home on Thursday, September 27th. He's got his menu order in for all his favorites, but will have to forego that beer he wanted - his doctor says no alcohol for at least a year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the beer - I feel ya on the no alcohol front! Could really use a glass of wine myself, but Baby Schlachter doesn't agree :-) I'm sure Puella will be looking forward to the visit!! Good luck and wishing you a happy homecoming!!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news! Tell us what's on the menu and we'll feed you all.
Happy homecoming!
Bill and Sandy Bevil

Bald Bull's Hit said...

Hey, Jamie and/or Jamie's bloggers. I dunno who was using the IM today, but thank you so much for contacting me. When our web communication dropped two months ago I had no idea what had happened. Needless to say, after reading the last two months' worth of information I'm a combination of angry-slash-sad-at-the-situation-where-one-of-my-favorite-people-has-been-through-trauma and relieved-that-it-seems-everything-is-heading-in-the-right-direction. If possible, once you get settled back at home, I'd like to come up and make good on that Labor Day visit we were planning that never got to happen. From the blogs I can't really tell how much energy/range of motion you have for computer stuff, but if you're gonna be on the IM yourself we can chat it out and if not I'll get in touch with your folks and send them a message. Also, I dunno if you already contacted our mutal friend Mr. Justin Yoshimoto, but I sent him an e-mail with the link to this blog. We actually had a conversation a few weeks about you not being online... I just figured you were avalanched in work or some such. As usual, I was wrong.
Keep getting stronger, man. I fully expect to see you rocking out on the bass again in no time.

-- Nick Ware

Anonymous said...

Best wishes on the homecoming tomorrow! Thinking of you all. Shawna