Saturday, December 15, 2007

Saturday update

Today marks 5 months since the accident.  This week's accomplishments  
include getting into Dad's SUV, increasing my left knee's range of  
motion to 125 degrees, and getting a much needed haircut.. babysteps.   
My next goal is to get up the stairs... I'm concerned about keeping  
Tomoka entertained during her visit as I might be confined to the  
first floor.  Other issues, of course, persist.  This week I struggled  
a lot with balance.  I'm doing a lot of standing exercises in therapy  
and the therapists insist on good posture.  We're experimenting with  
walkers and canes so I can finally get out of the wheelchair.  My poor  
posture results in poor balance and makes canes dangerous.  It looks  
like I'll start with some sort of walker and graduate to a cane once  
my balance improves.

We've been eating real well recently and the other day, in a moment of  
StephenColbert-esque brilliance, invented a new word: garlicious.

Carollers came by last night to spread Christmas spirit and Pastor  
Mike impressed us all with his eerily accurate singing of Alvin and  
the Chipmunks.  Our tree is up and looks great.. there aren't any  
presents under the tree yet as I'm still trying to think of gifts  
for everyone. 9 shopping days left to figure it out.  I hope holiday  
cheer finds you all in this last frenzied week until Christmas.
- jamie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie, I am sooo glad that you are home at Christmas and your recovery is progressing so well. When I think of you -- I always think of you and William at Jack's and my wedding. William was so nervous and you were so calm, trying to keep William's molecules together. Merry Christmas my friend, you are such a nifty person and Jack, Aaron and I are so thrilled that you are getting stronger everyday. Christmas Blessings, Jane

Bald Bull's Hit said...

Jamie-buddy! Have a great Christmas, my main mang. Have fun with Tomoka and watch plenty of Simpsons episodes!

-- N. Robert Ware

Anonymous said...

Jamie, Today should be one of your best days yet! Hope that Tomoka has arrived safely. We and the rest of Immanuel Lutheran, Easton, continue to pray for continued healing and strength through therapy.
love, m

Languor in Queen City!. said...

Happy Holidays old pal! I am glad to read about your recovery and rehabilitation. I know it's been a while since our weekly hangouts and Jackie and Annie's back in the ASU days, but I still haven't forgotten about you. I hope things continue to get better for you.

-Phillip Sink