Thursday, January 3, 2008

happy new year and big news

Wow! that week went by quickly.  A lot has happened so I'll get straight to it.  Christmas was a joyous affair. Tomoka likes the diamond earrings I gave her and the platinum doesn't trigger her metal allergy so that's good.  I'm enjoying my presents (xbox!) very much.  Everyone was very generous and I feel blessed.  We managed to get out of the house a few times.  The Smiths were kind enough to host a party with great food and company including a few people I hadn't seen in years.  We visited Sarah and Marc and the boys a few times.  Henry is simply adorable and Oscar is sweet too -  though I'm a little worried he wants to steal Tomoka from me.
I did accomplish my goal to get up the stairs.  It's wonderful to sleep in my own bed again.
The other big change happened last night.  I proposed to Tomoka and SHE SAID YES!  We still have to work out all the wheres and whens.  I'm feeling euphoric and a little overwhelmed.
Animink is sending me some work to do at home and I'm looking forward to it.
My next goals are to continue working on balance and walking.  I want to thank you all for your prayers and concerns.  I've been blessed with more support than I deserve and owe a debt of gratitude to you all.
With much love,

-Jamie

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omedetto gozaimasu! (I hope that's the appropriately nihongo expression.) Y'all are really good for each other, and I was there, man, at date one. The genesis. You kids grow up so fast! [Sniff.]

Unknown said...

Hooray!! Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

From the Lowe's in Florida:

Jamie, congratulations! Did your Mom tell you that January 2 is a great day to propose? She sung at our wedding exactly 20 years ago yesterday!

David & family

Anonymous said...

Oh Jamie, I'm so happy for you. I remember you standing with William at our wedding ten years ago! With your wonderful smile and your
devilish ways. Congratulations my friend. I know this will be an amazing journey down the aisle. Jane and Jack Kistler Halweg

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jamie! Work hard on your further recovery and get some of that translating done!
Take care!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! What a wonderful surprise! We'd love to celebrate soon with you and your family.
All our love!

rice! said...

congratulations!
oh snap!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jamie! We can't wait to meet Tomoka. Happy New Year to you and your family.

David and Stacey

revjimparsons said...

That is wonderful news Jamie!!! Congratulations to you both.

It is also wonderful to hear how good you are doing too.

Jim, Alycia and Dean Parsons

Unknown said...

Congratulaions!

That's a mighty fine way to begin the new year.